Description:A photograph of a ruin in the Claddagh Village in Galway county. A large part of the house has been demolished. The remainder of the house has a thatched roof. There is a second house on the right, and there are terraced houses in the distance, beyond the River Corrib. In the middle distance, on this side of the river, there is an electricity pole. The photograph was taken in 1940.