Description:A photograph of Pallas House, Loughrea, Co. Galway. This mansion was built for Anthony Nugent, fourth Lord Riverston, in 1797. There are wide, stone steps leading up to a portico. There is a balustrade on each side of the steps, and there is a balcony above the portico. At the foot of the stone staircase, there is a cement flower container on each balustrade. Also there is a balustrade on the roof of the building.